The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Saturday, April 6, 2013

Ahhh, Spring Weekend

It has been a wild week at work, Ashley has been at her Dad’s, and I haven’t felt top notch, so I was really ready for this weekend.

Jason headed to Georgia today to spend time with family, see the Atlanta Braves play baseball, and go to a practice round at the Master’s.  I miss him terribly but I am so glad he was able to go and spend time with his aunt and uncle, cousins and brother and sister-in-law.  I sounds like they are already having so much fun and next time, I am going.  I just couldn’t make it this time!

After a morning run and seeing Jason off to Dallas to catch his flight, Ashley and I headed into Tyler for Adoption Day with the SPCA and breakfast at Fresh by Brookshire’s.  Today was the day that Winnie’s litter was to be adopted to their forever homes.  Ashley was sad to see them go – so much so that she cried several times (as did Mama) but all 5 puppies were adopted to wonderful homes and Winnie made it to her forever home too – Uncle Brent’s!  Looks like she is enjoying her first weekend in Big D!

Winnie

Even though all the pups were adopted, the SPCA has to do home visits with all of the new “parents” so Mama gets to keep 4 of them until Monday (Loretta was adopted out on Thursday to her forever home).  As a result, Ashley and I (with some help from Parker Jo and Presley) got to puppy sit all afternoon so the day ended up happy!

P1100452P1100454P1100455P1100460P1100458P1100461P1100462P1100464P1100470P1100474P1100475

The pups were “dog” tired from all of the excitement of the day and we had a hard time keeping them awake.  The girls enjoyed them and it was a good thing these four boys were adopted already or I am quite sure Presley would have taken Willie home with her (and her parents may not have been very happy with me).  What a beautiful spring day to enjoy outside playing with pups (and watching them sleep), eating snacks and watching TV on the patio with friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment