The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Saturday, October 19, 2013

Tyler Rose 2013

There wasn’t much to blog about this year as there was no pomp or circumstance to the Tyler Rose.  No family in, no pre-party at Bruno’s, no posters, and no Junior Rose.  For Jane E and me it was our 5th year to run the race, since we started in 2009, but unfortunately, she couldn’t make it to Tyler this year, and my other running buddy had a basketball meeting in Waco.  As a result, I was going solo for my half marathon this year.

P1100855P1100859

It was my worst race ever…hot, humid, nursing Achilles tendon issue, alone, didn’t hydrate well, and didn’t sleep well.  

image

I could have worked through all of that as I have in the past, but this time, I had pain like I had never had before, in a place I had never had before.  The bottom of my right foot!  Excruciating pain that almost made me cry more than once.  By mile 6, it was pretty painful, by mile 10, I had to start walking.  And by walking, I mean limping 17 minute miles for the rest of the “race”.  I actually had a pretty good pace going until the last 3.1 miles.  Somehow I was able to run the last .1 miles to not limp across the finish line.  Within 30 minutes, I couldn’t walk on it at all.  Thanks to Mama and Daddy for coming to my rescue and getting me to my car, getting me fed and getting me home safely.  I spent all day Sunday icing and elevating while I working on managerial accounting homework.  By Monday morning Jason and I were at Tyler Urgent Care getting x-rays.  Thankfully it wasn’t broken and as I sit here and type this blog, I feel no pain at all.  I may try walking tomorrow but I don’t know that I want to run again anytime soon.  I have enjoyed sleeping in this week, but I am sad I am missing these nice cool mornings as they are perfect for running.  I am so torn but I am also doing my best to follow the doctor’s orders, so no running for one week for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment