The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Months!

Today marks two months of marriage for us and it has been fast and furious but an incredibly wonderful and rewarding time.

One of my dear friends from Louisiana, who I haven’t seen for too long, texted me around Thanksgiving and said, “I hope you are happier than you could ever imagine!”  I thought it was such a precious sentiment given the changes in my life and the many ups and downs in the last couple of years.  Then I thought about my “happiness” and how much of it I feel right now.  Not because everything is perfect in our life – but because we are sitting in the middle of God’s will and feel his blessings everyday.  I am incredibly “something”, but I am not sure if it is happiness or joy.  I have always heard that happiness depends on your circumstances but joy is there regardless of your circumstances.  Whether we are struggling with financial decisions, disciplining kids that don’t always do what we want, juggling busy schedules, or dealing with the “other parents”, there is this sense of peace and joy within.  That can only come from knowing Jesus personally and knowing that regardless of what is going on in the world around us, that He is ultimately in control and everything we have been blessed with is really His.  What a wonderful promise we have and how thankful I am to be sharing my life with someone that leads me and our children, prays with me daily, puts my wants and needs before his own, and makes me feel secure in who I am and who we are together.

Happy two months Jason!  I love you tons and am happier than I could ever have imagined!

IMG_5146

No comments:

Post a Comment