The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Sunday, February 17, 2013

Austin Half Marathon Weekend

Well, we did it again.  We finished another half marathon!  We counted them up at lunch and we think this is #13 for me and #11 for Jane E.  That is a lot of miles – both training and actual races.  We are glad to have another one behind us!

Livestrong Austin Marathon and Half Marathon…

P1100228

Gear ready…

P1100217P1100218

After pizza and pasta, we relaxed at the Campbell Casa Saturday night…

P1100219P1100222P1100223P1100226P1100227

EARLY Sunday morning before the race…

Lulu didn’t want to be awake yet (and neither did we to be completely honest)…

P1100230

It was a cold morning so we borrowed/stole some of Les’ hand warmers, which came in quite handy up until race time…

P1100231

Ready to go…

P1100233

Showing off our race outfits (notice – no belts for a change)…

P1100237P1100238

Outside the Capitol lining up for the start of the race…

photo (4)

We finished the race in 2:19:36 – a very respectable time considering the hills (felt more like mountains at miles 10, 11 and 12), the lack of long runs in my training, and the fitful night’s sleep with crazy dreams and worries of oversleeping.

We celebrated the race being OVER by meeting Jason’s parents at Mesa Rosa (after long, very hot showers) for delicious Mexican food…

P1100239P1100240P1100241

…and a small margarita as a treat before we headed back to Tyler for a basketball scholarship banquet…

P1100242

Now that the banquet is over, I am glad to be sitting here in my own comfy king-sized bed with my sweet husband, in my pajamas, watching Downton Abbey, while I blog about our weekend.  I am exhausted, sore, and taking the day off from all forms of exercise tomorrow.  I will be sure to get back at it on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment