The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Ballpark in Arlington Tour

Our North Texas Gas Processors Association (NTGPA) meeting was held today in The Diamond Club located at The Ballpark in Arlington.  What a great venue for a meeting!  The food was great, the service was friendly and attentive, and the restaurant provided a great view of the Rangers field.  Following the meeting, we got a personal tour by Tour Director, Billie Ball (yes that is her real name) and we were not disappointed.  I brought my camera and got some incredible shots that you just can’t get at a game.

The view from the warning track in the outfield…

P1100098P1100097P1100095P1100099

Where all the media action happens…don’t I look official?

P1100108

Yes, that is a 2010 championship ring.  I asked Billie if I could take a picture of her ring and she handed it over for me to “try on”.  Of course, I had someone snap a photo of it on my finger.  It was monstrous!

P1100109

The indoor batting cages…and the tee that Josh Hamilton hit off of 150 times a day while he was recovering from an injury.  I hit off of it (I swung and missed the first time but got a good hit the second time)…

P1100112P1100114

Josh Hamilton’s handwriting on the white board in the batting cages.  Billie said these were the last scripture verses he had written and no one had erased them…

P1100113

The view from the press box…

P1100116

“Under construction” – the are working on dugouts, field, and replacing a quarter of the stadium seats each year for the next four years…

P1100117P1100118

Standing in the bullpen…

P1100119

Needless to say, it was a fun and informative tour and we were so glad we went.  If you are a Rangers fan and ever have the opportunity, go to the ballpark and take the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment