The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Wednesday, August 28, 2013

23 Years Ago Today…

…my life was about to be forever changed in ways I could have never imagined.  At 17 years old I found myself, as a senior in high school, very scared and facing an unplanned pregnancy.  Back then it was just a complete embarrassment for me that I could be so selfish and stupid and disappoint my family and friends in such a way.  At that time, and even looking back many years later, this is a situation I would never wish on anyone, especially at such a young age, but it happens more often than most of us would like to admit.  I was making grown up choices, as so many kids do, but I certainly wasn’t prepared for the grown up consequences.  Jason and I talk to our kids a lot about choices and how important it is to make good decisions and choose the right path – that our choices dictate our direction.

God is so good in that He knew the plan all along and He knew the mistakes I would make, and He loved me anyway, as did my family and friends.  In the end, He offers grace, mercy, and forgiveness, and His plan is perfect.  At 18, I found myself at Mother Frances Hospital about to give birth to an 8 lb. 13 oz. baby boy (a surprise), without the epidural I had been planning on.  I checked in at 5:30 am, at 7:30 am they broke my water and Cody Michael was born at 9:21 am.  Yep, it was that fast.  What a wonderful blessing it is to be his Mama and although many hardships were endured by me and those that love me as a result of my poor choices, he was worth it.

I dug out some OLD pictures for this blog and since I have never scanned in pictures before, I didn’t do the best job ever, but you will be able to get the idea.

Top – my baby shower, with some of my best buds from high school, middle – my BFF, Melinda Jordan, holding Cody right after he was born (and Uncle Todd looking on), bottom – my Dad snuggling with Cody when he was only a few days old

CMB2

Left – 1st birthday, middle – day he was born, right – his big-eyed “Cody” look

CMB

I was looking back at my blog from last year (Cody Birthday 2012), as I often do, and I continue to be so proud of him.  Happy Birthday to my grown up boy who, thankfully, has made much wiser decisions than his Mama did.  I love you so much.

DSC_0640

No comments:

Post a Comment