The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Thursday, August 8, 2013

#41

I can’t believe I am 41 years old.  Last year for the big 4-0 most of our family was partying in Destin with a luau (check out my post from this time last year - Beach Birthday), but this year we enjoyed a nice quiet celebration at home.  The morning started with my birthday cards and gifts (two pairs of Kendra Scott earrings) thanks to my amazing husband and Ashley, and I had already received some Lululemon “money” from my sweet in-laws (can’t wait to spend that).  Then off to Auto Express to have my car serviced (that is a fun birthday activity) and then on to work to play catch up from being off the last two days.

P1100764P1100767

I received sweet birthday calls, texts, Facebook postings, and snail mail today.  For lunch, Mama and Ashley took me to Potpourri House and I got an awesome wine cooler and big bag cooler, as well as a travel laundry bag, all of which I am sure I can put to good use as much as we travel.  I wish I had taken a picture of our lunch together as it was delicious and I enjoyed catching up with my Mom.

After work, Jason and I met up at the house (me in the company truck since my car is still in the shop), ran by Fresh to grab some steaks for dinner, and went to pick up Aiden.  He and Ashley played and watched some Tom and Jerry while we started working on dinner.

They are so darn cute together…monkey see, monkey do…

P1100770P1100772

It was worth the wait…glass of cab, ribeye filet, armadillo eggs, a baked potato with all the fixings, and a salad…and Jason even cleaned up the kitchen afterwards (which he usually does anyway but it is especially nice on my birthday). :)  I even got Blue Bell Butter Crunch birthday ice cream with a candle!

P1100774P1100775

I am happier than I could have ever imagined as I celebrate #41 and I am looking forward to what the next 41 years hold.  I am so incredibly blessed with family and friends that have loved and supported me for 41 years, even when I wasn’t very lovable and even when I didn’t deserve their support.  God is so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment