For Les and Jason, The Magnolia began on Thursday morning with breakfast, practice rounds, a putting contest, and the MGA Calcutta. I worked all day on Thursday and after I got off work, I relieved Mama at the pool where Cannon and Ashley had been playing (Cannon had come in for his trip to Maui with the Jasper clan). I let them play for a few hours and then we met Mama back at Chuy’s for dinner and to go our separate ways (Cannon and Ashley were so sad to say goodbye). :(
Sweet cousins…
Ashley was thrilled to go back to tennis and swim camp on Friday while the guys started their first official round and the rest of our family headed to Maui for vacation. I worked a half day on Friday and then went and picked up Ashley and took her to the pool. About the same time, Jane E. was hitting the road from Cedar Park to head our way.
The guys finished up their first round on Friday afternoon and we all headed to the house to meet Jane E. We decided to hit Don Juan’s on the Square for a casual dinner and then went to the club to enjoy a drink before heading back to the house.
On Saturday, Jane E and I got up and walked four miles while the guys headed back to the club for the second and final round. After our morning exercise, we headed to the club for a champagne brunch, a special treat for the ladies while the guys played golf. We did a little Father’s Day shopping for our own Dad and enjoyed a yummy brunch of salad, fresh fruit, asparagus quiche and champagne.
After a day at the pool, we headed to Fresh to pick up some snacks and then back to the house to rest and get ready for cocktails, dinner, awards, and live entertainment. The meal was delicious, the band (Empire 6) was awesome, and the guys tied for 1st in the putting contest and won some money to be spent at the pro shop. We ended the evening DANCING and practically closed the place down! Yes, DANCING! I wish I had had my camera. I didn’t know either of our husbands “fast danced”, but they did and we cut a rug – laughing, singing, dancing – it was a fabulous time.
Our awesome husbands (and Dads – happy Dad’s Day again)…
I loved my time with my sis.
We haven’t had this one-on-one time together without kids since, well, probably for 20+ years. We will definitely be making The Magnolia an annual event.
No comments:
Post a Comment