The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Thursday, March 7, 2013

Happy Birthday Courtney!

I was thinking about the many wonderful things I could say about my daughter-in-law and this fun idea came to mind last Friday while Ashley and I were doing some “art” on our day off together. 

Happy birthday to an amazing girl (as described below)…

DSC_0650

C – compassionate (she cares about others and thinks of how she can help and support others by being selfless and putting others first – what a sweet spirit she has)

O – overwhelmed (this is what I am that God chose her for Cody, to be his helpmate and life partner – he is one blessed guy and we get to enjoy the blessing as well since she is now part of our family)

U – uprightness (yes, I checked and it is a word, meaning integrity)

R – relationships (she truly values, grows and tends to these)

T – trustworthy (she has been a confidant and friend in some very tough times and I trust her with all my heart and more importantly, my son’s heart)

N – nuts (I had to throw one silly one in the mix – we have so much fun together and she makes me laugh)

E – encouragement (she has and continues to encourage me and I know others with kind words and specific prayers – I love it when she asks me, “what specifically can I pray for you?”)

Y – youthful  (but for her age, she is very mature and responsible – working as a teacher, paying a mortgage, caring for Marley, and loving Cody)

The world was truly blessed on this day 23 years ago when Courtney was born to Jeff and Jeanine Kreid and our family is so thrilled to have had her as a part of our life for the past several years.

P1080536P1090675DSC_0864DSC_0947P1090329DSC_0062

Happy Birthday C-O-U-R-T-N-E-Y!

No comments:

Post a Comment