The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Friday, March 8, 2013

Road Trip!

Roadtrip

Tomorrow our road trip to Kentucky officially begins.  Mama, Jane E and I are braving taking Cannon (almost 11), Neely (9), Ashley (almost 8) and Hutch (3) all the way from East Texas to Northeastern Kentucky.  We have stops planned along the way to break up the trip, but it should be interesting, and hopefully tons of fun as well.  We will spend the majority of the day on Saturday in the car traveling to visit family outside of Nashville, TN, then on to Paris, KY the following day to visit with Pop and Dixie and Aunt MC and family.  On Sunday night, we will be in Winchester, KY and hope to enjoy some time with the Elam side of the family there.  We will spend a couple of days in Winchester and surrounding areas and then we will head to Somerset later in the week to see Uncle Richard Jasper and his family, including Abby and Amelia.  Amelia and Ashley became big friends last summer when the girls visited Texas unexpectedly.  They enjoyed boat rides, tubing, swimming, going to the zoo, dressing up, eating dinner out, sleepovers, and lots of fun.  We won’t have as much time with them since the girls are in school (it is NOT Kentucky’s spring break), but we are hoping to at least squeeze in a couple of hours of kid fun.  I don’t know how much blogging I will get done while we are on the road, but we will take lots of pictures and I am sure Jane E and I will both be blogging when we return.  We are looking forward to making great memories again in Kentucky, and more importantly, letting our kids make memories there.

No comments:

Post a Comment