The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Friday, March 1, 2013

In Like a Lion…

The saying that March “comes in like a lion and out like a lamb” may hold very true this year, not because of the weather, but because of the “busy”ness of this month. 

We have four birthdays – Courtney (7th), Betty (9th), Aiden (23rd), and Ashley (25th). 

Birthday Cake

Jason is calling in his first TAPPS state basketball tournament in Mansfield, TX today.  Congrats and go get ‘em! 

Basketball

We also have a spring break road trip planned to visit family in Kentucky.  Jane E, Mama and I are taking Cannon, Neely, Ashley and Hutch to Kentucky to share our Kentucky “home”with our kids!

Roadtrip

Little League baseball for Cole and Connor officially begins, as do their Select leagues and soccer for Connor (practices for all are already in full swing).  Ashley kicks off Cougar Dribblers with GCS.

sports

Jason and I have tickets to see two shows at the Cowan Center as part of his birthday gift from Mama and Daddy – Spamalot and Dream Girls.  And if that wasn’t enough Broadway for the month, we are taking Ashley to see her first Broadway production of Mary Poppins for her birthday at Fair Park in Dallas.  She is ecstatic!  We borrowed the movie from Aunt JE and have begun watching it and learning all the songs and characters.  She has been going around the house singing songs from the movie and I know she is going to love the play, just as her cousins did (and I think we will love it too)!

Mary Poppins

It is going to be a busy March.  I hate that we spring forward this month as well because I could really use that extra hour we are about to lose, just to fit in all of this fun!

Clock

Oh, and we only have two months until our Hawaii trip!  I still have a few more pounds to go to hit my island goal weight.  I have fallen off the “real food” wagon a few times this last month with travel, eating out, and get-togethers, but with the continued focus on exercise, it hasn’t had too much of a negative affect on the weight loss.  I am going to try some new recipes and get back on track with my new and improved eating (in my spare time), and will continue to run “for the fun of it” since there is currently no race on the horizon for which to train.  Oh, and the stores are starting to entice me with cute spring wear, so it may be about time I did some clothes shopping for our trip. :)

Kona

Kona Vacation

No comments:

Post a Comment