The title of my blog comes from Ephesians 3:20 - "Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory..." God has blessed me far more abundantly than I could have ever dreamed and I am so humbled by and undeserving of these blessings.


Saturday, March 2, 2013

New Shoes

Jane E and I started our running adventures when she was pregnant with Hutch and he turns 4 in June, so it has been about 4 1/2 years that we have been running races together.  We started with the 5ks and then went straight to the “big stuff” with a half marathon and then a marathon.  We have backed off some on the number of races we run, but I still run about 4-5 times a week just to “stay in shape”, which means I go through a lot of running shoes.  Mama hooked me up a couple of years ago with an online special and I have now depleted my stock of Brooks Ghost 2, so Jason and I went to Raquet and Jog today and I treated myself to a new pair of really cool running shoes, Asics Nimbus in a rainbow of colors.

P1100306

Jason just walked by and asked, “Are you blogging about your shoes?”  Yes, I am blogging about shoes!  They look cool and cost more than any other pair of shoes I have ever owned.  I hope the price of the shoes is indicative of the comfort, because I will be running on puffy clouds for hours! :)

As soon as it warms up outside, I am going to break them in on a long run.  Anxious to see how they fit and feel in action.

No comments:

Post a Comment