After 11 hours in the car on our first day of the trip, we arrived at the Comfort Suites (and so did everyone else). I am pretty sure the hotel was over capacity! We unloaded the car, moved into our rooms, and headed to dinner at Cracker Barrel. We met Bill and Betty for dinner and had a wonderful visit. These folks were my Tennessee family when I lived here from 1998 to 2003 and it was so great to see them again. We were just sorry Terri and the boys didn’t make it. She was my best Tennessee bud while I lived here and I sure wanted to spend some time with her. Maybe next time.
After dinner, we turned in for an early night. We were all exhausted after the long drive and we still had several hours ahead of us to get to Paris, Kentucky by 1 pm the following day (we were losing an hour due to daylight savings time and then another hour due to moving to Eastern time). After being in bed for about two hours, the fire alarm in the hotel went off. Our kids were so exhausted that every one of them had to be woken up to head down the stairs. How they slept through that alarm and those strobe lights, I will never understand. Just about the time we got dressed, out of the room, down the stairs and out into the parking lot, we found out it was a false alarm and everyone headed back to bed. What an adventure! Day 1…check. Can’t wait to share Day 2 but you will have to wait because we are getting the kids cleaned up after a swim in the indoor pool and we are meeting Uncle Richard (Mom’s brother) and Aunt Kathy for dinner in Lexington.
No comments:
Post a Comment